Friday, May 24, 2013

Barbecue Mysteries

Have a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend. I'll be posting a Memorial Day Crime Fiction list, but in the meantime, I thought I'd update my Barbecue Mysteries list. Let me know any titles I've missed, and I'll add them.

So many ways one can murder someone at a barbecue, from the sauce to the skewers to the grill. Here's a short list of Barbecue Mysteries. Let me know if I've forgotten any!

Barbecue Mysteries

Delicious and Suspicious, Hickory Smoked Homicide, Finger Lickin' Dead by Riley Adams  (The Barbeque Mysteries)
Several of the recent Dan Rhodes books by Bill Crider
Murder at the Blue Ridge Barbecue Festival by Gene Davis
Finger Lickin' Fifteens by Janet Evanovich
The Politics of Barbecue by Blake Fontenay
The Big Barbecue by Dorothy B. Hughes
The Sheriff and..  (series) by D. R. Meredith
Say Your Sorry by Michael Robotham
The King is Dead by Sarah Shankman
Stiffs and Swine by J.B. Stanley
Revenge of the Barbecue Queens by Lou Jane Temple
Barbecue by A. E.H. Veenman

Short Stories: "Gored" by Bill Crider in Murder Most Delicious
Young Readers: The Barbecue Thief by Starike

Want a little chocolate on the barbie this weekend? 
Check out recipes on my other blog: DyingforChocolate.com
S'mores on the Grill  
Banana Boats
Chocolate Barbecue Sauces
Spicy Chocolate Rub
Cocoa Spiced Salmon Rub 
Scharffen Berger Cacoa Nib Rub for Trip Tip

4 comments:

elysabeth said...

Elizabeth Craig Spann has a Memphis BBQ series (I've forgotten the title at the moment). I've read the first one and not sure how many more in the series are out. They could be added to the list. E :)

Elysabeth Eldering
Author of Finally Home, a middle grade/YA mystery
http://elysabethsstories.blogspot.com
http://eeldering.weebly.com

elysabeth said...

just a correction on her info- she has 3 in tHE BBQ series out and she writes that series under Riley Adams and her name is actually Elizabeth Spann Craig (I seem to always want to mix the two last names up for some odd reason). The fourth in the series will be coming out in a couple of months. E :)

Elysabeth Eldering
Author of the Junior Geography Detective Squad (JGDS), 50-state, mystery, trivia series
Where will the adventure take you next?
http://jgdsseries.blogspot.com
http://jgdsseries.weebly.com

Edie Dykeman said...

What a delicious and timely list. I've heard of a couple of the authors and have read one of the books. Thanks for sharing this list.

Kent Morgan said...

Memphis Ribs by Gerald Duff has a murder related to an international barbecue contest. I read it quite a few years ago and remember little about it.