Thursday, March 24, 2016

PEEPS DIORAMAS: Spring Rituals

Of all my childhood Spring Confection memories, PEEPS stand out. My sister and I still buy each other PEEPS around Easter, even though neither of us actually eat the sugary marshmallow-y creatures any more--or at least I don't. She buys me purple rabbits; I buy her classic yellow chicks --the original PEEPS. You see where this is going? I'm a purist.

The Washington Post has its annual PEEPS diorama contest, and one of the winning entries a few years ago was Peepton Abbey Season 3. Perfect for Mystery Fanfare readers. See all the winning 2016 dioaramas here.

PEEPTON ABBEY SEASON 3

And, here are two of this year's winners.

PEEPILTON: THE MUSICAL

PEEPTREK
And, since I will be spending Easter in Bodega Bay, here's my all time favorite Peeps Diorama: Hitchcock's The Birds:
HITCHCOCK'S THE BIRDS
A few years ago I set up a small PEEPS scenario of my own. PEEPS vacationing in Bodega Bay. Hope the Chicks don't turn rogue. They are birds, after all.




3 comments:

Juli Schatz said...

WHERE do you get this stuff? I share more of your posts than anyone else's ~ thanks for all the laughs and happy Easter.

~ Juli S., from the late Love is Murder con

Luann said...

There were Peeps tombstones available this past fall (first time I'd seen them anyhow).

Janet Rudolph said...

Thanks, Juli, I am weird, so I look for weird! LOL!