Monday, February 12, 2018

Bill Crider: R.I.P.

Art Scott and Bill Crider 2017
Bill Crider was a special guy--a fine writer, a good man, a clever and funny person. He brought much joy to so many through his writing and his friendships. R.I.P., Alligator Man.

Bill Crider was a wonderful man, author, fan, and collector. He won the Edgar, the Macavity, the Anthony, and the Shamus Awards, and probably others I've missed. Quiet, with a dry wit, warm, a true gentleman, Bill has charmed and entertained readers and friends over the years. I've known him 30+ years through DapaEm, Bouchercon, and MDM. His posts of the adventures of the VBKs have kept us all smiling on Facebook. His encyclopedic knowledge of pop culture is astounding. Bill was always a class act and a true Renaissance man. I'm glad I was able to spend time with him this summer and at Bouchercon in Toronto. 

My condolences go out to his family, friends, and everyone who knew him. He was a very special guy! He will be missed.

No comments: